Return request

A country of origin can submit a request for return to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) through diplomatic channels. This request will then be submitted to the Colonial Collections Committee for advice. The Committee will base its advice on provenance research into the object. The museum or collection manager will gather provenance data, share it with the Committee and conduct additional provenance research if necessary.